D2542P ghosting

Forum for discussing how to achieve best performance for 3-D gaming, including hardware and configuration
Jeffry83

Re: D2542P ghosting

Postby Jeffry83 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:04 am

I found out that the C in Zalman ZM-SG100 is for Clip on, so only get those if you have normal glasses. I ordered the G one

404error

Postby 404error » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:22 am

Jeffry83 wrote:I just got a reply back from the Dutch side of LG, and it's their standard reaction, send the monitor back to the store to see if it's not working properly, they did not even correctly read my e-mail! It's not the monitor that is giving the problem, but the glasses... Guess i just have to buy me some Zalman's.... :(

weird in germany they said " yes we had that problems a fiew times seems to be a production issue please sent the glasses in we will sent you new ones"
Intel Q9550@2,83Ghz
ATI 6950 2G HIS
4GB Ram
Win 7 64bit Ultimate
LG D2542P

Yoder808

Postby Yoder808 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:02 am

I purchased and received this monitor last week, and unfortunately also received the wrong glasses. LG Support was happy to RMA my monitor, but denied an issue with the glasses. I got the same canned response everyone is getting. I ordered two pair of the Zalman glasses, but for now am playing with rigged up clip-ons with tilted lenses. OH BOY.

I just want the proper glasses LG. Smells like a class-action lawsuit waiting to happen. Thanks LG - Stay awesome!

Jeffry83

Postby Jeffry83 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:21 am

I received my Zalman glasses on Saturday, and the purple ghosting is GONE! :o

lord_zed83

Postby lord_zed83 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:18 am

I got D2342P and I got wrong glasses with them. Big purple ghosting. Glasses on side got CINEMA 3D instead of MONITOR 3D

First thing i did is emailed LG.... **** THAT **** dont even bother with trying to sort it out using email it is WASTE OF TIME

Then i gave LG costumer service a ring. Spoke to guy named IAN explained situation with having wrong glasses and that tilting sorts out ghosting. Left him my mobile number and he contacted technical support. One hour later he rang me back and left me a number that i had to email back to LG with
Receipt --- scan of amazon one
Monitor details : wrote it down and did a photo of back of monitor just to make sure
I explained in email once more what was is wrong.
That was last week.

Last evening after no response from them i called LGs CS again to check whats up..
Guy told me that new glasses ware sent to me 2 days ago with second class postage and should get to me next week.
WINNING.

Best option is to just ring them and say LIE !!!
Say that there was no glasses in the box with monitor and you want them sent over ASAP and you are sorted That is if you dont have that monitor for over 2 weeks :P.

ps. I love 3d on this monitor. No headache after 8 hour session in bf3 what so ever

Update from today. I got box from LG and inside 2 boxes of good glasses WINNING
Forgot to mention that top box is one that came with monitor and as you can see Both Boxes are FPG-200F But one says LG 3D Glasses and other 3D Monitor Glasses.
I hope you can make some use out of that picture when speaking to LG. And they say its same fucking glasses.

ps. Posted this in 23inch monitor topic 2.
Asus ROG Maximus V Gene + 2500k@5ghz + Samsung Green@2178 9-10-10-24 +Sapphire 290X BF4 Edition + XSPC Custom Water cooling + PCP&C Silencer 750w + Adata Premier Pro SP900 256gb SSD.

Jeffry83

Postby Jeffry83 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:15 am

Yeah, mine states Cinema 3D as well, these bozo's send out 3d TV glasses (with a PC monitor) where you have to sit much further away from the screen to enjoy the 3d without the purple ghosting. I can understand it if a beginning company makes that kind of mistake, but a big company as LG and than some branches in other countries even damn near deny having the wrong glasses is just doing business the wrong way.

Numinas

Postby Numinas » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:51 am

lord_zed83 wrote:I got D2342P and I got wrong glasses with them. Big purple ghosting. Glasses on side got CINEMA 3D instead of MONITOR 3D

First thing i did is emailed LG.... **** THAT **** dont even bother with trying to sort it out using email it is WASTE OF TIME

Then i gave LG costumer service a ring. Spoke to guy named IAN explained situation with having wrong glasses and that tilting sorts out ghosting. Left him my mobile number and he contacted technical support. One hour later he rang me back and left me a number that i had to email back to LG with
Receipt --- scan of amazon one
Monitor details : wrote it down and did a photo of back of monitor just to make sure
I explained in email once more what was is wrong.
That was last week.

Last evening after no response from them i called LGs CS again to check whats up..
Guy told me that new glasses ware sent to me 2 days ago with second class postage and should get to me next week.
WINNING.

Best option is to just ring them and say LIE !!!
Say that there was no glasses in the box with monitor and you want them sent over ASAP and you are sorted That is if you dont have that monitor for over 2 weeks :P.

ps. I love 3d on this monitor. No headache after 8 hour session in bf3 what so ever

Forgot to mention that top box is one that came with monitor and as you can see Both Boxes are FPG-200F But one says LG 3D Glasses and other 3D Monitor Glasses.
I hope you can make some use out of that picture when speaking to LG. And they say its same fucking glasses.

ps. Posted this in 23inch monitor topic 2.

With the LG 3D Monitor Glasses new pair have you solved the purple ghosting?
Thx

Sparx

Postby Sparx » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:15 pm

First post, but here's my experience with the 2342

Didn't have any experience with 3d but came onto these forums to learn more about game settings for recent games like skyrim, and arkham city.

Assumed the purple ghosting was part and parcel of 3d tech. After all "It's in its early stages isn't it?
"
Read a bit more about the whole rotating polarisation thing, and thought I'd try the Zalman glasses - I live in the southern hemisphere, so was concerned about my ability to obtain them.

Discovered Zalman glasses were cheap - even delivered overseas.

Zalaman trimon glasses got delivered. Haven't seen purple ghosting since - though they are larger and geeky. It really makes a difference if you don't care who is looking at you!
I'm new here, so I'm not going to link to sellers, but as a new owner of a 7970, running tridef, this really made the difference for me.

lonyranger

Postby lonyranger » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:57 pm

I Sparx, i´m on the same boat, i have the d2542p and a 7970.. and new with 3d and.. and have the stupid purple ghost... from what i learn here i have to buy a new glasses...

Sparx wrote:First post, but here's my experience with the 2342

Didn't have any experience with 3d but came onto these forums to learn more about game settings for recent games like skyrim, and arkham city.

Assumed the purple ghosting was part and parcel of 3d tech. After all "It's in its early stages isn't it?
"
Read a bit more about the whole rotating polarisation thing, and thought I'd try the Zalman glasses - I live in the southern hemisphere, so was concerned about my ability to obtain them.

Discovered Zalman glasses were cheap - even delivered overseas.

Zalaman trimon glasses got delivered. Haven't seen purple ghosting since - though they are larger and geeky. It really makes a difference if you don't care who is looking at you!
I'm new here, so I'm not going to link to sellers, but as a new owner of a 7970, running tridef, this really made the difference for me.

Lachi

Postby Lachi » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:44 am

Of course you don't have to buy new glasses, see here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1518

Return to “Performance Tuning”