Instructions of Creating Game Profiles

Discussions relating to TriDef 3D Ignition
whyme466

Re: Instructions of Creating Game Profiles

Postby whyme466 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:25 am

User profiles for XCOM Declassified and Lost Planet 3 have revealed additional information about Ignition profiles.

Ignition profiles appear to use more information than what is presented via the OSD - that is, they use more than 3D Object Detection and Rules settings to display things like shadows and light bloom. For example, even with identical OSD settings for 2 different Lost Planet 3 user profiles (both profiles use the same basic/core Rules), they display shadows and lighting differently. As discussed in these forums previously, Ignition also overrides game (and GPU driver) AA; this override is linked to Performance Menu/3D Texture Copy settings.

This means working S3D profiles for games using the same game engine (like Unreal 3) should probably be tried/modified first (for example, disable Rules customization or change Matrix Names settings), before using Generic profile with unsupported/new games.

bigkilla2009

Postby bigkilla2009 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:19 pm

using generic profile on a direct x 10\11 game it forces me to use direct x 9 by the generic profile this is not up to graphical par as you know... is there another generic profile somewhere I'm missing for DX10\11 games? I would love to help contribute to the community with some well made profiles. please let me know... thanks.

whyme466

Postby whyme466 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:38 pm

bigkilla2009 - I have used Generic profile to create both DX9 and DX11 profiles (it can support both DX9 and DX11 games). Be sure to start with latest Ignition release Generic profile (it evolves as Ignition evolves).

Again, it is better to start with latest DDD game profile for most recent game using same game engine and DX version (especially from the same developer), than to start with Generic profile - see my prior discussion in this thread. For example, see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4338.
Last edited by whyme466 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

budwheizzah

Postby budwheizzah » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:36 am

"We are trying to simplify the UI and hide all the complicated controls from general users."

Tim, this is proving to be insanely counterproductive. Please don't take this terrible Microsoft style approach where you consider all your "general users" to be incapable of navigating through more than three settings choices. Please. Try to afford more trust and try to believe in the public's overall intelligence unlike Microsoft.

We need more config options. See now I'd like to fiddle with a couple of profiles and it's a non-starter. I can't edit any profile but generic. This is limiting, counter productive and unwanted.

I fear this might be doubled-down on because you've over simplified the interface in 6.1; it's not missing anything but it's the migraton towards the "You're all idiots so here are three boxes and one button" approach that worries me a lot.

Lachi

Postby Lachi » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:30 am

budwheizzah wrote:We need more config options. See now I'd like to fiddle with a couple of profiles and it's a non-starter. I can't edit any profile but generic. This is limiting, counter productive and unwanted.

TriDef delivers quality profiles and therefore I never needed to access the settings.
But it is easy to enable the settings by renaming the official profile. (I recommend that you make a copy of the official profile though, so that you have a backup.)

ondeaander

Postby ondeaander » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:27 pm

Has anyone found a way to fix problems with shadows or textures not being mapped to 3D space? This is the most common problem I have when editing game profiles. I reliably fail to find an option that fixes it (besides switching to Power 3D, which is very unpleasant for games with lots of menus or subtitles, since the menus/text keep getting mapped to 3D space).

Quite often there is some shadow or lighting problem somewhere in the game that doesn't get handled in the original profile - I assume that's because when the profiles are created, they are only looking at the first ~15 minutes of gameplay, whereas additional rendering techniques come into play in later levels. I've rarely found a profile that I didn't have to tweak just a tiny bit.

@TriDef, please can you release a profile creation tool that is more advanced than the built-in one? I have noticed that it's taking longer and longer for new profiles to come out, and user-created profiles just aren't cutting it anymore. I really like the product, but I'm starting to get frustrated with non-existent and sub-standard profiles. Releasing an advanced profile creation tool to the community would be a win-win all around.

Regards

whyme466

Postby whyme466 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:51 pm

Other than using/modding earlier working DDD profiles (see comments above) or Generic profile, I am not aware of any other solutions - TriDef mentioned providing advanced profile tools sometime after their Ignition/profile support stopped (around May 2014), but these tools never materialized. See Ignition forum for much more discussion.

By the way, it would be great if you could share your profile improvements in the appropriate Profile forum discussions. sammy123 shared a great Call of Duty profile gun mod (turning 2D guns 3D) that was applicable to other games like Elite Dangerous.

Note that NVIDIA support to 3D Vision has also stopped. However, the 3D Vision community has a handful of very skilled users like bo3b and helifax providing third-party tool and profile support for newer games like Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation. Unfortunately, GTX hardware is required, and HDMI-based 3D displays will find SIGNIFICANT issues with NVIDIA's mandatory supporting 3DTV Play app. Note that Ignition has a superior approach for handling game control devices (allowing 60 Hz Desktop with 24 Hz or 30 Hz display modes, reducing input lag), and supports MANY more display modes, like SBS.

Titor

Postby Titor » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:10 am

I am trying to add 3d support for a game (trove) but the 3D Object dection menu is greyed out, so are a lot of other options. It is running in '3D vision' but not rendering properly when I view, it, everything is flat. Any ideas why the menus are greyed out?

Return to “TriDef 3D Ignition”