Instructions of Creating Game Profiles

Discussions relating to TriDef 3D Ignition
joe

Instructions of Creating Game Profiles

Postby joe » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:23 pm

How do we create a new game profile (like the ones posted in this forum) ?

Simon

Re: Ignition driver question

Postby Simon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:09 am

I guess you mean user created profiles. They can be created in the game as follows:
  • Add the game in Ignition and select Generic profile.
  • Launch the game.
  • Press Numpad 0 to bring up the OSD.
  • If the game is not rendered correctly, go to the Profiles menu to change driver configurations.
  • One important option is 3D Object Detection:
    • If the rendering is completely wrong, toggle Row-Major Matrix.
    • If part of the scene is not 3D, change the Mode, or go to Matrix Names and tick all the names containing "Proj".
  • Select Save Game Profile in the Profiles menu. A message will be displayed to tell you the new profile location.
  • In Ignition, select File > Explore Profiles to see all your profiles. Select your new profile and post it in the forum.

iondrive

Postby iondrive » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:37 pm

I just wanted to comment on this:

"If the rendering is completely wrong, toggle Row-Major Matrix."

YES! I think this is what helped me get Batman Arkham Asylum working as well as Mirror's Edge.
Very Important.

Is there a connection between Pixel Shader 3 and Row-Major Matrix?
System specs:
CPU: 3.2GHz Athlon 64 X2 6400
RAM: 800MHz 4GB dual channel mode
Video: geForce 8800GTS PCI-e, 640MB ram, driver 196.21

Simon

Postby Simon » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:37 pm

iondrive wrote:Is there a connection between Pixel Shader 3 and Row-Major Matrix?

No. But it has a connection with vertex shaders.

whyme466

Re: Instructions of Creating Game Profiles

Postby whyme466 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:49 pm

I suggest that the profile creation instructions be updated to reflect current Ignition structure and capabilities. For example, forcing DX 9 operation, Virtual 3D use for correcting game post processing problems, and new focus modes/submodes might be addressed.

Unfortunately, with Ignition release 3.2.32, simple modification of a default DDD profile is no longer possible. We must now start mods only from the Generic profile, losing all changes made in the DDD game profile.

Earmack

Postby Earmack » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:24 am

+1 Agree
MB Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
CPU Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
GPU Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
RAM Kingston DDR3 khx21c11t2k2/16x 4 x 8gb = 32gb
SC X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
PS Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1000 M
OS Windows 8.1 64x
TV Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a

Simon

Postby Simon » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:01 pm

whyme466 wrote:Unfortunately, with Ignition release 3.2.32, simple modification of a default DDD profile is no longer possible. We must now start mods only from the Generic profile, losing all changes made in the DDD game profile.

Usually, what profile settings you need to change in a DDD profile to make it better? We may add these settings back to the OSD if they are really useful. We are trying to simplify the UI and hide all the complicated controls from general users.

Crash27

Postby Crash27 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:42 am

Maybe simple and advanced option. You know an option to take it out of kiddy mode. More control is always better for someone who knows what he is doing!

whyme466

Postby whyme466 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:06 pm

Changes vary from game to game. Your great software continues to evolve, with a number of changing Ignition variables (see my user provided game profiles and feedback to see some types of changes made). A default profile might have forgotten to enable Skybox detection, for example.

Even with the latest Ignition version, I occasionally need to shift to fixed focus settings, if the autofocus becomes too dynamic (I had this experience with Portal 2, for example). As another Portal 2 example, one user described the default (autofocus) game profile as having "weird (almost fisheye-ish)" appearance - this user probably needed to change to a fixed focus setting matching his/her visual preference.

UI simplification is great. However, like Crash27 indicates, simple access to advanced options should be available for user tuning - starting from the DDD game profile settings, not the Generic profile setting.

Simon

Postby Simon » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:38 pm

whyme466 wrote:Even with the latest Ignition version, I occasionally need to shift to fixed focus settings, if the autofocus becomes too dynamic (I had this experience with Portal 2, for example). As another Portal 2 example, one user described the default (autofocus) game profile as having "weird (almost fisheye-ish)" appearance - this user probably needed to change to a fixed focus setting matching his/her visual preference.

Custom Focus in the new UI is actually a fixed focus. Autofocus is disabled when Custom Focus is used.

whyme466 wrote:UI simplification is great. However, like Crash27 indicates, simple access to advanced options should be available for user tuning - starting from the DDD game profile settings, not the Generic profile setting.

If you really want to modify a DDD profile, you can go to the profile folder, make copy of that profile and rename (DDD) to (Username). This new profile is now modifiable in game. It is considered a hack that we do not officially support.

Return to “TriDef 3D Ignition”