It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:58 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: [PROFILE] The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim (DDD) [DX9]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:32 am 

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me, I'm trying to play Skyrim in 3d and I've got SkSe installed and if I launch from that in Tridef Skyrim crashes.

Does anyone know how I can use Skse in 3d?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:48 am 

Should be working just fine.
Did you select the right profile? (is it the default one from the application or did you downloaded it from this thread? either one should work)
Are you using NVidia driver 301.42?
Is your Tridef software updated?
Does normal Skyrim work with Tridef?
Error messages?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:11 am 

Yes I'm using 301.42,tridef software is updated I can get Skyrim to run in tridef with tesv.exe but Skse doesn't work and if I use Skyrim launcher.exe Skyrim crashes to desktop when I load my save game.
And I don't get any error messages.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:27 am 

drvipej wrote:
Has anyone installed any HI-DEF pack to Skyrim and then checked if it works in 3D?
It is running fine for me now and I am not wanting to break it by updating to the HiDef pack.
Anyone tried it?
Regards

Yes, works perfect. 3D also work perfect

RAM Kingston DDR3 khx21c11t2k2/16x 4 x 8gb = 32gb
SC X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
PS Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1000 M
OS Windows 8.1 64x
TV Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:20 am 

villanut wrote:
Yes I'm using 301.42

First try reverting to 301.24. If that doesn't help it's probably something you installed in Skyrim directory that's messing things up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:14 am 

villanut wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me, I'm trying to play Skyrim in 3d and I've got SkSe installed and if I launch from that in Tridef Skyrim crashes.

Does anyone know how I can use Skse in 3d?

Hmmm....

Number 1: Can you confirm whether or not Skyrim was working in 3D BEFORE you installed SKSE?
Number 2: I remember with OBSE it was essentially a command prompt type setup that was launched, which then launched the Oblivion .exe. Is Skyrim set up the same way? Perhaps that causes some issues with the Tridef software.
Number 3: Do you have the ability to turn off 3D while on the Skyrim main menu, and if you can turn it off and try loading a saved game.
Number 4: Try starting a NEW game in Skyrim as opposed to an old one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:05 am 

Hey had nothing but probelms trying to get Skyrim to work in 3D but im almost there!, for some odd reason I am unable to use the DDD profiles created by Timothy at first I had double curser problems wich I solved but the terrible double imaging still remains, however i created my own profile using Generic Safe Mode the 3D is fantastic with only minimum crosstalk in areas.
Using the SkyrimPrefs.ini tweaks solved the shadows and underwater problem for me.

bDoDepthOfField=0 solves the water problem

bDeferredShadows=0 solves the no shadows issue.

But I cannot figure out how to get the missing GUI elements to appear such as the details on the compass, health, stamina and magic bars plus items viewd in Item and Magic menus.

I have performance set to High and 3D texture copy on if I set it to auto or off i get a hole host of problems such as weird shadows, that odd half screen anomaly mentioned by someone earlier and CTDs
If I set the performance to Medium the GUI elements appear but I get that half screen anomaly.

If anyone has any advice on this l'll be a very very happy person XD

Attachments:
File comment: 3D example
0001.TriDefPhoto [1.51 MiB]
Downloaded 196 times
File comment: Example of the half screen anomaly
0002.TriDefPhoto [1.13 MiB]
Downloaded 121 times
Skyrim (ultdarkness).TriDefGame [8.72 KiB]
Downloaded 167 times

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:54 am 

Well, the missing GUI and items is from TextureCopy=on. The reason for using Timothy's profile is that it contains more than a collection of settings that you could get starting from the Generic profile, but also shader and anomaly fixes. If you ever take a picture with that profile I'm curious to see it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:52 pm 

Clasbin I have uploaded some screens and my profile in my last post, Timothy's profiles seem to work now but sitll have the same problems with GUI

As for the 3D texture copy business if I set to off I cannot start the game I can work around it by starting the game in 3D Tex on then quitting the menu setting 3D tex off then re loading the save, it opens but I am plagued with graphical anomalies.

I remember reading somewhere that CTD when messing with the performance settings is an issue with the 301.42 nvidia drivers I might try reverting back to an earlier driver.

The attached image is a screen of the anomaly using Timothy's latest profile which now works :lol: but as described above I get that odd anomaly.

Attachments:
0009.TriDefPhoto [2.17 MiB]
Downloaded 131 times

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:39 pm 

For me 301.42 crashed when used with both 3d and ENB. So I gave it up permanently.
Your profile looks amazingly good, so forget about Timothy's if that works for you. I just wonder if the missing inventory items appear if you switch 3d off. As for the health bar and compass, maybe consider you are playing hardcore (sorry, don't know other solutions for that).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 63  Next