It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:44 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Re: License TriDef Experience
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:07 pm 

TriDefSupport wrote:
Node locking means locking one software purchase and associated license to one PC only.

If you buy a new PC, you need to buy a new license from the on-line store.

When you complete your new purchase you will then receive a new Activation Code.

-TriDefSupport.

Nevermind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:25 pm 

Pff... I was just about to make my purchase on the Tridef software but then i saw this.

Tying the license to one computer is just plain paranoia. If i pay 50 dollars for this, then i should be able to use my copy no matter what, as long as i am the only one using it.

I upgrade my PC frequently, as often as a few months, and paying for a new Tridef license each time just makes no sense to me.

You are providing the Tridef software as a bundle with certain 3D monitors, and those users can then use the software for as long as they own that certain monitor, right? Why not do the same with regular retail customers. After all, few people change their 3D TV/monitor as often as other PC components. Not to mention that this software very reason for being is to function with a 3D monitor.

Honestly, instead of having to deal with this limitation i rather wait for games that have 3D features built into them. There are allready a few and more of them will come, ultimately making this software obsolete. Then, i just have to pay for the game (with i do anyway) and i will be able to enjoy 3D gaming anytime i want, no matter what brand new hardware i put in my PC.

Shure, i would gladly buy Tridef in order to play all/most of my games in 3D, but knowing that the next CPU/GPU/motherboard upgrade will make my investment useless is simply a deal breaker.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:22 pm 

I can tell you a new hard drive will trigger it.
It just happened to me.

I sent mail to info@ddd.com
The link, Simon, is broken.

Any email I can send too.

I replaced my hard drive with a SSD and activation has failed.
So I sent a request for a new key.

Travis

Windows 8.1 64 bit Professional with Media Center
16 G of ram
Corsair 850 Watt Power Supply
2 Asus Radeon 6870's in crossfire Catalyst 12.5 drivers
Vizio 42" model XVT3D424SV
Tridef 6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:25 pm 

r3lu84 wrote:
Pff... I was just about to make my purchase on the Tridef software but then i saw this.

Tying the license to one computer is just plain paranoia. If i pay 50 dollars for this, then i should be able to use my copy no matter what, as long as i am the only one using it.

I upgrade my PC frequently, as often as a few months, and paying for a new Tridef license each time just makes no sense to me.

You are providing the Tridef software as a bundle with certain 3D monitors, and those users can then use the software for as long as they own that certain monitor, right? Why not do the same with regular retail customers. After all, few people change their 3D TV/monitor as often as other PC components. Not to mention that this software very reason for being is to function with a 3D monitor.

Honestly, instead of having to deal with this limitation i rather wait for games that have 3D features built into them. There are allready a few and more of them will come, ultimately making this software obsolete. Then, i just have to pay for the game (with i do anyway) and i will be able to enjoy 3D gaming anytime i want, no matter what brand new hardware i put in my PC.

Shure, i would gladly buy Tridef in order to play all/most of my games in 3D, but knowing that the next CPU/GPU/motherboard upgrade will make my investment useless is simply a deal breaker.

Don't freak out.
I just updgraded my hard drive to SSD and that's all I ddi and it triggered the activation to fail.
I wrote them and gave them my original invoice number.

Im sure Ill get a new code and Ill let you know.
It would be inappropriate to charge again for licensing my system over a hard drive upgrade.

If it was for another PC in the home that's a different story. But not the same PC you use everyday.
And most companies don't have issues with that. They have issues when you try to use the key on multiple machines in your
home when you paid for one jey one machine. Usually your not penalized for making an upgrade!

So don't freak call them.

EDIT:

EDIT:
I opened a ticket with Tridef support.
No problem with getting this addressed.
Told ya!
And I didn't have to pay.

Windows 8.1 64 bit Professional with Media Center
16 G of ram
Corsair 850 Watt Power Supply
2 Asus Radeon 6870's in crossfire Catalyst 12.5 drivers
Vizio 42" model XVT3D424SV
Tridef 6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:27 am 

I have just purchased a TriDef license and I'm planning to upgrade my motherboard and CPU in a few weeks. I was using AMD all my life but now want to migrate to Intel to achieve maximum performance.

So will my licencse expire after the CPU+MB upgrade? I will not reinstall Windows on new setup, just drivers.